The Importance of Boiler Stack Selection
Today – on the subject of boiler stacks and ventilation – in seems that inefficiencies, danger, and damage are always words that take up too much time during the conversation. Why is this? Are there ways to mitigate this?
Cleaver-Brooks’ monthly newsletters are useful resources for critical refreshers on a myriad of topics. The March 2017 edition is designed to shed light on the question of proper ventilation by addressing the following:
- Boiler categorization to determine which venting regulations will be followed
- Insulation and how it prevents excessive condensation in the stacks and potential injury
- Thermal expansion and planning ahead to avoid stress on building and support structures
- Stack sizing to ensure a sufficient draft in the system
- Proper drainage to prevent a build-up of corrosive compounds and excessive condensation
- Construction material – choosing stainless steel over PVC, ABS, CPVC designed for low temperatures
- Multi-boiler systems and use of proper dampers to ensure draft isolation for offline boilers
- UL certification indicative of safety and compliance
For the complete story, click the link below.